As mentioned under „conciliation methods“, an out-of-court conflict resolution is nearly always worthwhile and is not limited to any particular area of law.
Further advantages are:
- Often cheaper and quicker than a court case
- Greater possibility of influencing the proceedings
- No publicity – greater protection of privacy
- Losing does not necessarily mean the end of the case – legal proceedings are still a possibility
- Greater chance of the opposing party giving in
- More objectivity and therefore less stressful
- Greater chances of success with competent guidance
- If you are 100% sure of winning, a court case can be quicker and cheaper.
- The possibility of ending the proceedings at any time can be frustrating for both parties.